Saturday, May 1, 2010

Riffbrokers in Tacoma tonight

Tacoma's Weekly Volcano sez:

The Riffbrokers would sound perfect on vinyl. They remind me of a band whose LP I'd pick up on a stop in a record shop - intrigued by their name and a couple song titles, never having heard them before. I'd bring The Riffbrokers home and listen alone on a rainy day - utterly blown away. Then I'd become slightly obsessed with the band for a couple months, telling all my friends about The Riffbrokers, and the band's sound combination of Creedence Clearwater Revival and REM, but with a singer who sounds like a more subdued Elvis Costello. When my friends would rebuff my offers to play them the record, I'd decide that this music wasn't meant for them anyway. I'd be happy to keep it my secret.

[The New Frontier Lounge, with The Lund Bros, Jones Family Fortune, 9 p.m., $5, 301 E. 25th St., Tacoma, 253.572.4020]

No comments:

Post a Comment